View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 27 Jun 2017, 14:57

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
lfo suggestion 

i would love to be able to assign the cc# that the lfo sends/modulates, on the bitstream itself!!
- an easy way would be for instance, if there was a mode in which the lfo will automaticly modulate the parameter (cc#) that was last edited with the bitstream, before you activate the lfo,
- also it would be a nice option if the lfo could be turned in just another three midi controllers.

i am using the bitstream pro with max/msp on an apple powerbook.
the max/msp patch i am working with is an eight channel looper with filters and fx per channel.
i use a fixed setup with the bitstream - as a virtual mixing desk - 8 channels with level (fader) and fx send 1, fx send 2, filter, downbitter, pewr channel (potis)

my idea is this: i play with the filter poti on chennel 3 (which will send in my example cc018) - then i activate the lfo and it will automaticly modulate cc018.

does this make sense to you?

thanks for your effort - i am really happy with the bitstream pro otherwise!

cheers
david [addsig]

17 Oct 2001, 21:43
Profile YIM WWW

David ... all suggestions concerning BS pro improvments are welcome ...
We will take into account your suggestion for the next ROM release ... if possible.

18 Oct 2001, 08:52
Profile WWW

I think the best way to proceed in that case is to set a defined #CC for the LFO that is recognised by Max to do what you want it to do ...

So you can tweak a CC and then use the LFO : Max has to remember the last CC you've just moved, and it will transform the LFO CC number into the last CC you've tweaked (different from the LFO one of course !;-)

I think this should work ...

Have you already tried it ?

18 Oct 2001, 16:32
Profile WWW

Post Re: lfo suggestion
Am I right that the Bitstream doesn’t allow the LFO CC# to be set/changed, except by changing the Group? Which means the Bitstream LFO sends one of 21 CC#s, depending on which Group is selected? ( Group 00 = CTRL 66, Group 01 = 74 etc ) , and if I want eg a CTRL 67, I need to use Midi Monitor or similar to modify the LFO’s incoming MIDI message?

15 Dec 2010, 00:43
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]