View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 17 Aug 2018, 18:03

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
logic AND user 

Post logic AND user
hi Jerome,

ive been getting into the Logic control from bs3x,

but now i'm wondering about something;

USER MODE-
if my original use for the bs3x was to edit patches of my G2engine, via MIDI, using groups 1-4 all fixed to midi ch 1-4 respectively.

LOGIC MODE-
and if use the logic control to do just that - control logic.

i find that if the logic AND user settings are in the same tab in the editor software, how would i get a kind of hybrid, that lets me control logic AND my G2 engine - by switching modes in the bs3x between logicmode/usermode - i thought....but in the editor - i cant seem to get my head round how to get this 'hybrid' set up.

12 Aug 2008, 17:24
Profile WWW

Yes, Logic and User modes share the same memory space for assignments.
So if you want to control both, you can for instance program groups 0-10 for logic and groups 11-20 for your synth.
btw, if you observe the logic or mackie lib, only the firsts groups are used, so you can start loading the logic library file in the config soft, and edit unused groups with your other non logic assignments and save the lib to a new file and download everything to the bs3x
You can still use the bs3x logic mode to get benefits of time code display and other functions, then you switch between groups to address logic or your other synth

13 Aug 2008, 08:58
Profile WWW

i only use 4 0r 5 groups at the most, so i could use groups 11-15 for my own assigns?

the best way to do it would be isolate groups 0-10 as i load the logic stuff in?
then isolate groups 11-15 as i load in the rest?

so i end up with a lib that uses groups 0-15 as a hybrid of the two setups?

thanks JEROME

13 Aug 2008, 09:30
Profile WWW

so you can use for instance groups 8 to 12 for your own assignments.

in this version of the config soft you cannot load 2 libraries to different groups since each lib contains all groups.

so you have to make your assignments of groups 8 to 12 after you have loaded the logic lib

and yes this will result in a lib using groups 0 to 12 for both logic and your own.

13 Aug 2008, 09:36
Profile WWW

ok, i'm nearly there, ive had a lot of trouble, with the 3x being 'not found' suddenly part through downloads (nothing to do with my mac with the strange ports, ive been using a different machine entirely!).

ive found that its better to be using configsoft1.4, and limiting the groups to one at a time, otherwise it seems to lose contact through large downloads, at least this way the 3x gets each group intact. phew, this is not an ideal situation for quick workflow.

but u say that logic control is groups 0-7 , i find that all the groups are pre-programmed, are they mostly redundant cc# after group 8?

13 Aug 2008, 11:49
Profile WWW

strange, many many users have downloaded version 1.5 of the config soft and this is the first issue reported.

You should defintely be able to download all groups in one download.

yes the buttons are programmed to groups 0-7
all other controls are duplicated

14 Aug 2008, 08:36
Profile WWW

could it be that after some connection issues, the memory in the bs3x got erroneous data in there, which can then cause future loading problems, especially if im uploading then downloading stuff could get messed up.

the reason i suspect this because yesterday i uploaded some groups from the bs3x, and their names were all messed up.

but an initialize often clears the air.

rB)

14 Aug 2008, 11:12
Profile WWW

you can try to init to factory default indeed,
edit + ok + group buttons while you switch on

14 Aug 2008, 11:18
Profile WWW

yeah - after i had my mac lose contact over usb while downloading from a bad usb port, the unit would then hang up during subsequent transfers, so i had to initialise the 3x to get it fresh and ready for a clean download with no errors, because i'm certain that a disrupted download can cause bad data in the 3x memory....which causes problem when uploading and more downloading.

14 Aug 2008, 11:22
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]