View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 21 Aug 2018, 03:11

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
How to copy presets in 3X? 

Post How to copy presets in 3X?
Good how hmm.. challenging learning to use 3X is. :D
At first i am used to call those groups "presets". And values for knobs and sliders as "parameters". ;) Using 3X is totally confusing because of this terms are swapped. It's not only thing swapped here.. i think that "Download selected to 3X" and "Upload selected from 3X" should be vice versa, Download from 3X and Upload to 3X! :D

Anyhow, there question that i can't figure is how to import certain "group" from file to certain memory location.
It should be pretty basic but i dont get it.

If i have allready groups in use at 3X and i like to load another to next empty slot, how to do it? I got it always going over existing ones.

There's more here beyond my understanding, like why some premade libraries like Juno106 was made so that whole group 00 was full of LFO rate and delay parameters? Juno 106 have so few editable parameters that they all fits just fine to one group, why to spread it to many groups?
And who wants one controller for each parameter value as it seems to be configured there? Same spread was done with PPG Wave V2, plenty of empty knobs and sliders but still it was spreaded to many groups..? :O

Last edited by a33e on 17 Jul 2009, 01:31, edited 1 time in total.

16 Jul 2009, 15:28
Profile WWW

Post Re: How to copy presets in 3X?
I got finally two presets side by side with trying this and that few dozen times and errors..
TX81Z is not perfect as it has only OP1 envelopes configured in slider section, so i'll create 3 more other ways similar groups but signing different operators to envelopes.

http://a.33e.biz/audio_utils/Bitstream-3X/

-----edit------

Ok, now there's 4 groups for TX81Z. As this still are not perfect setups i think it's faster and easier to load this and modificate than create them from scratch. Be my guest! I might create more in future..
Like Casio VZ-8M but it might be too tough one.

Group 00
***** MKS-50 *****

Group 01
***** TX81Z OP1 *****

Group 02
***** TX81Z OP2 *****

Group 03
***** TX81Z OP3 *****

Group 04
***** TX81Z OP4 *****

----------------------------------------edit-------------------------
fixed TX81Z groups..